Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finished Basements Destroy our Society

Uncle Billy Sezs

It is my firm belief that finished basements are destroying our society.  I know it sounds funny, but just listen to my thoughts and you might not think I'm as crazy as at first it may seem.   In my work I see it all the time.
If you watch any of the "home" shows on TV aside from stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and                                                                                                                     
three and one half baths; every 3 bedroom home must have a finished basement.  The predominant belief is that without all these things, but most importantly the finished basement, the house might as well not have indoor plumbing.  It just isn't livable.    Why is this feature as important as the air we breath?   The reason always given is, "a place for the children to spend their time."  In these times I understand that both parents not only want to work, but need to work.   When both parents are home at dinner time, I have been in homes where the children run up stairs, grab their dinner and run back down stairs to continue what they are doing.  The parents watch TV upstairs and the children do whatever they do downstairs.   My question is when do these parents influence their children's development?   It doesn't surprise me that parents don't know their children are stock piling prescription drugs or weapons or making bombs in the basement.   Thank you for listening to the ravings of crazy Uncle Billy.   Just give it a little thought.  Your children should be the most important thing in your life.  Shouldn't they spend their evenings with you instead of in a basement?

                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment