Monday, December 10, 2012

Going to Los Vegas for 30 Days"

                                                                       Uncle Billy Thinks

 

I have been on a quest for about a year to try to be a better person.   I have started keeping a journal and I am trying to overcome my tendency to be so judgmental.  I have been going to a little sports bar downtown. Where I can get a 12oz. draught beer for $l.00.  I write in my journal (loud rapp music in the background), drink two beers, tip Olivia the bar maid $1.00 and leave.  During my time there I have met a crack dealer, crack heads, 1 whore and a lot of good of good hardworking underpaid people.   I have made some good friends.     That's enough background for now.  One night (before I learned her line of work) this tiny little Puerto Rican woman I had noticed before came over to me and in a very animated way said, "This town isn't big enough for me!  I need a much bigger city!  Someplace exciting!   This town isn't big enough!    "I'm going to Los Vegas for 30 days!!!

To this day I still don't know her name or why she decided to tell me of her travel plans.  I gave her the required attention and diligently began again writing in my journal so as not to get any more details.

I thought about her plans and something just didn't seem right.  I thought the next time I see her I going to have some fun and kid her about it.   A night or two later I saw her and said,   "You know how you told me you were going to Los Vegas for 30 days.  I bet you're going to Dauphin County Prison for 30 days."

I was just kidding, but judging from how mad she got, I'm pretty sure I was right.   I realized what was strange about what she said.  Who says he or she is going anywhere for 30 days unless it involves iron bars.

When I learned of her occupation and talked to some of my other friends I'm sure I was right.

I learned from this that if I have to serve 30 days in prison and don't want anyone to know, I'll tell them I'm going on a long vacation and I'll be gone around a month.    "BUT I WON'T SAY FOR 30 DAYS"

No comments:

Post a Comment